We’re very excited that on Friday 6th December Santa himself will be in Roberttown to turn on the Christmas Lights!
The evening will be packed with excitement for the whole family. At 5.15pm Santa will arrive on his sleigh on Village Street, with the light switch-on at 5.30pm in Jubilee Garden.
At 5.50pm there will be Dance Displays in Village Street, and at 6.40pm Roberttown Pop Choir with Huddersfield Youth Brass Band will be performing in Village Street.
All over the village people will be getting into the festive spirit. Here’s what’s on offer:
- All Saints Church: Santa’s Grotto (from 6pm) with a Children’s Secret Gift Room
- The Community Centre: Fairground Rides and Christmas Tree Festival from 6pm
- The Roberttown: Disco & Karaoke from 7.30pm
- Geordie Pride Lodge: Christmas Market & Hot Soup
And as if that wasn’t enough, the village shops will be open as well:
- Buckles Butchers – Hot Pork Sandwiches
- Food for Thought – Hot Dogs, Hot Drinks, Mulled Wine
- Jayne’s Bespoke Lingerie – Christmas Fun & Games
- Gallery 172 – Tombola
- The Bridal Studio – Childrens Sweets
- Top to Toe Studio – Christmas Fun and Games
- Faith Hope and Charity – Soup & Crusty Bread, Ginger cake
- Reids – Speciality Coffee & Festive Fayre
- Danielle McGilloway – Christmas Fun & Games
- BeBe Beauty – Prosecco
- Peppermint Pig – Christmas Fun & Games
- Outside Cutting Cottage – Glow Sticks & Light-up Gifts
- In the village street: Cottage Kiosk and Childrens Fun House
It’s going to be a fantastic event!
Please note: Roberttown Lane will be closed to through traffic from 5.00pm to 7.30pm. The closures will be marshalled at Commonside; Meadow Lane; John Booth Close and the New Inn